Spectrum IT's Portsmouth client are seeking an experienced Contract Oracle Applications/Web Services Developer to join them on an initial 6-month contract. This is via an Umbrella engagement only and will be part remote working, part on site: "hybrid" when suitable.
As the Contract Oracle Applications /Web Services Developer you will be responsible for understanding requirements, documenting specifications, working with analysts for development, tuning and troubleshooting of Oracle PL/SQL code (Packages, Procedures, triggers, etc.), Oracle APEX 5.x Screens/Web Services and ORDS (Oracle Rest Data Services), JSON files.
- PL/SQL and SQL coding, tuning and troubleshooting
- Application Development Support.
- Conform to SQL and PL/SQL coding standards and best practices.
- Maintain and enforce SQL and PL/SQL ELC Online coding standards and best practices
- Analysis and requirement gathering as well as documenting specifications.
- Oracle APEX 5.x workspace admin, pages and web services development.
- Web Services Development using ORDS and Oracle APEX.
- JSON files development and storage using standards and best practices in Oracle 12c onwards
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for developed applications.
Skills / Experience
Extensive experience in Oracle development with specific focus on:
- PL/SQL and SQL coding, tuning and troubleshooting in 11g environments with Explain Plan analysis and optimization
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL features for performance and new features launched with 12c, 19c
- Oracle APEX 4.x/5.x administration and development
- Oracle Rest Data Services (ORDS) installation and web services development
- Oracle Database 12c and above experience
- Understanding of Data Modelling concepts and Database design
- Strong command of English language, both oral and written
- Excellent self-tasking and teamwork skills
- Understanding of NoSQL distributed databases, MongoDB/DynamoDB
- Must have good problem-solving, trouble-shooting and communication skills
- Very strong writing and speaking skills
- Client-facing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of e-Commerce systems
For more information and to submit your interest, please apply with an updated CV.