Spectrum IT's Hampshire based client are seeking an experienced Contract Software Developer to join them on an initial 12-month contract. This is a hybrid working role with the client looking for the candiates to work 1-2 days in the office per week. They are open to working routine/days in their Southampton office. This role has also been determined OUTSIDE IR35.
Spectrum's Client are a prominent global safety business that provide leading safety services worldwide, as part of a planned expansion of their Development team the client are looking to hire Contract Software Developers to contribute to the continued development and play a leading role in new software projects.
Candidates for this role will:
- Be comfortable working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Be comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- Be able to communicate effectively, including via phone, email, instant message and video conferencing tools.
- Be fierce in your pursuit of product quality.
- Be an excellent problem solver with an active interest in the latest design and development tools and technologies
- Delivering quality software as part of an agile delivery team.
- Ensuring your code takes into account the concerns of security, scalability, compatibility and maintainability.
- Performing automated and manual testing of your work, fixing defects and helping to resolve customer support cases
Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience developing NET Core web applications in C# using Visual Studio
- Experience working in collaborative multidisciplinary teams
- Experience creating maintainable code and using source control solutions such as TFS and GIT
- Experience of unit and automated testing using tools such as NUnit, Jasmine and Selenium
- Solid understanding of the principles of network security, authentication and authorization
- Experience of working with databases using Entity Framework
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles
- Experience creating RESTful APIs and ensuring API extensibility
- Experience of SOA (service oriented architectures)
"Nice to haves":
- Cloud experience (Azure)
- Containers (docker, K8s)
- OAuth OWASP
- Micro service
- Azure DevOps, TeamCity
- ARM templates, Terraform, Pulumi
- MS SQL Server
For more information and to submit your interest interest, please apply with your updated CV.