SQL Database Administrator - Remote
£55,000 - £65,000
We have a great new opportunity for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join an award-winning company in an developed team working on the latest R&D projects. The SQL Server DBA will be working in a Devops environment on the administration and development of a complex SQL server environment. The company are adopting a cloud first approach and need an experienced DBA with experience with Azure to help their business take the next steps in their digital transformation.
Scope & Responsibilities:
Knowledge of SQL configuration, administration and performance tuning is essential, plus a key part of this role will be working to design and optimise high performing on premises and cloud-based SQL Server installations. Experience with T-SQL, indexes, stored procedures and statistics is important and you will be familiar working in an agile environment. You will be professional, friendly and customer focused and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Experience of SQL server configuration, administration and maintenance (SQL Server and Azure SQL).
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Migration of on-premise servers into Azure
- Database design including security and scalability for high-performing solutions.
- Database monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- PowerShell scripting, particularly with database scripts.
- Experience in SQL Server 2019 and Azure SQL.
The company can accommodate remote interviewing and onboarding during the current environment.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-moving, interesting business, at a time of growth then please apply to this advert or contact me via our website or LinkedIn. Jack Hewitt-Coleman, Spectrum IT.
All candidates applying must be UK-based and eligible to work in the UK.