Application Support Engineer required by a growing software company located in Fareham (Remote working available + flexible hours). Due to continued growth they are looking to hire an Application Support Engineer to liaise with customers on technical user issues, supporting their software products.
The successful candidate is likely to have prior experience working in a similar role involving customer or client interaction and will ideally have some technical knowledge of C#, SQL or similar.
Although the initial focus of the role would be application support, there would be immediate opportunities to pick up skills in software testing and development should this be of interest.
- Communicating with customers with technical issues
- Testing for issues/bugs in the software
- Liaising with the software development team in relation to technical issues with the software
- Documenting and reporting on technical issues
- Bench marking and reporting on the continued performance of the product suite
- Comfortable working in a customer facing role (largely telephone, Skype or email based queries)
- Independent worker capable of analysing customer requirements to solve installation/product issues (environmental issues)
- Keen to pick up new skills, where appropriate via Microsoft Certifications
Knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Azure or similar cloud technologies
- Remote desktop environments
- Web technologies eg HTML etc
- Software testing or bug fixing
The successful Application Support Engineer will have the opportunity to pick up new skills in software testing and development as well as support. Full cross training will be provided where necessary.
If you are seeking a role of this nature please contact IanTaylor@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765806.