Cloud Engineer - Cloud Architect
AWS, Security, Automation, DevOps, IOT
Salary: based on experience + benefits + flexible working
We are seeking a talented Cloud Engineer / Cloud Architect to join a well-funded start-up company developing disruptive engineering solutions. With successful trials completed the company is now in the process of adapting its products, systems and processes to enable expansion throughout the UK and globally.
The Cloud Engineer will focus on Cloud Security, Platform Integration and enhancement, Cloud Architecture, DevOps and Automation. The role is thoroughly involved with various areas of the business, including Data Science, Machine Learning, IOT and IT Security, so a good all-rounder who can act as the Cloud SME is preferred.
The Cloud Engineer will be supported by a talented software engineering team who all share the ability to solve complex problems both as individuals and in collaboration with others.
- Builds, delivers, and maintains modern Cloud platforms that support Agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion and advisor for cloud platforms and coaches on how to fully utilise the platform capabilities effectively
- Drives continuous improvement of the IaaS product and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Leads the continuous improvement of the AWS product and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research
- Can demonstrate strong Cloud knowledge; AWS, Azure, Google public cloud or similar
- Exposure to Cloud Architecture, Security, deployment and functionality
- Excellent problem-solving skills; enjoys looking at a complex problem and designing a simple solution.
- Containerisation knowledge; Docker, etc
- DevOps understanding, ideally commercial DevOps experience
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams; software, electronics, etc
- Excellent communicator
- Any experience with IOT, Data Science or Machine learning is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
Salary is up to £65,000+ benefits based on experience. To apply for this challenging and exciting opportunity please apply to this advert or contact me via LinkedIn or our website. Paul Grace, SpectrumIT
All candidates must be based in the UK