Spectrum IT are recruiting for a Contract Test Automation Analyst to join an Andover (Hampshire) based client for an initial 3 month contract. In this role the you will work within an Scrum team of Test Analysts, Developers, Product Owners and Business Analysts to assure software solutions and the best testing practice is carried out.
Candidates for this role will have extensive C# experience and have strong Contract Test Automation experience including Selenium and SpecFlow.
Contributing to daily stand up meetings, sprint planning, sprint demos and sprint retrospectives, if appropriate.
Providing accurate estimates for user stories and backlog items.
Translating user stories and backlog items into logical units of work.
Liaising with Software Developers and Test Analysts (if appropriate) to agree split of testing responsibilities.
Implement test management for automated testing as needed.
Determine how test coverage can be measured and assessed during testing where feasible.
Determine test ability and test framework requirements that allow for the effective automation of tests. This may also require implementation of test ability requirements if appropriate
Translate acceptance criteria into automated test cases where appropriate
Produce well structured, efficient and reliable automated tests within the agreed timescales, using the technologies selected for the solution.
Managing code using the code management tool of choice, ensuring that changes are checked out/in in a timely manner and maintaining an awareness of any potential impact on other Test Automation Analysts in the team.
Executing automated testing, and liaison with third-party suppliers to ensure appropriate test coverage.
Ensure that automated tests run in a continuous manner as part of continuous delivery pipelines, if used.
Create test automated scripts, monitoring test execution and ensuring results are recorded.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of performing test automation for software applications, delivering high quality solutions on a range of medium to large scale projects.
- Hands on experience utilising SpecFlow to work within a BDD environment
- Experience of testing software across a wide range of different applications.
- Highly competent in delivering test automation solutions using Selenium with C#.
- Proven experience of implementing test automation frameworks using Selenium with C#.
- Experience of working with project collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, MS-Project.
- Experience of working with test management software such as QC or Xray for JIRA).
- Experience of Continuous Delivery.
- Experience of managing code using a source code management tool such as TFS or Git.
- Experience with API development and automated Mobile testing (desirable, but not essential)
- Knowledge of completing performance testing using LoadRunner or JMeter (desirable).
- Understanding of object-oriented development techniques and theories
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Basic knowledge of installing applications, restoring SQL databases and interrogating SQL databases.
For more information, please apply with your updated CV. Please note suitable candidates for this role are required to have automation experience with C#, Selenium and SpecFlow.