A Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer is required of international provider of advanced Data software solutions, located in Guildford.
They are embarking on the development of new version of their SAAS platform so this an ideally time to join the team and define the technology and future of this integral part of the business.
As Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer you will be:
- Responsible for managing and supporting a 99.9% uptime Linux based production environment in AWS
- Supporting the product development teams by building, administering and evolving a department wide infrastructure of software development tools and support systems; such as automated build and continuous integration.
- Assist the delivery of department wide infrastructure for
- Server virtualization, both on premise and cloud based (focusing on the development, test and production environments)
- Source code management and source repository management
- Automated Build, deployment and continuous integration
- Test scripting and result management
- Work tracking and collaboration
- Manage relationships with 3rd party software and service providers involved in the infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance of the infrastructure to the Quality Management System
- Keep abreast of developments in the relevant areas, ensuring that new developments are taken advantage of as quickly as possible.
- Support Feature Teams in making use of the infrastructure by providing documentation, training and day to day advice.
The Successful Site Reliability Engineer will have:
- Experience building and managing business critical Amazon Web Services environments (or on similar cloud services)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience using Jenkins, Maven and Bamboo build tools to create and manage CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous delivery) pipelines
- Git and/or Subversion
- Strong Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or an equivalent
- Able to script / programme at expert level in at least one of the following languages - Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Java, J2EE, SQL or similar language
This role is within a close nit team that have the flexibility for home working and flexible hours.
As Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer you can expect a salary up to £85,000 & Bonus with benefits such Bupa healthcare, 5% matched pension, 25 days holiday and more.