Lead Application Support Engineer urgently required by a market-leading software company based in London. The company are pioneers of technology that solves real-world, business challenges working with companies across the Globe. Due to planned growth the company need an individual with managerial and customer handling experience, as well as software engineering / diagnostic experience.
The Lead Application Support Engineer will be responsible for managing a team of junior Software Developers/Support Engineers, leading and developing them to deliver high quality technical support.
This is a unique role, which will suit someone from a technical background who enjoys working closely with customers to help them resolve and troubleshoot any product issues. The successful Lead Application Support Engineer will need to be able to understand Java tooling.
- Maintain oversight across support tickets and their progression
- Developer key customer relationships
- Training new members of the team
- Provide a diplomatic presence in high profile tickets
- Development and delivery of in-house analytics and reporting tools
- Develop and deliver new customer communication media
- Assist with new releases
- Java knowledge
- Experience using and supporting high performance distributed software
- Experience working in a support team for a software provider, or similar.
- Expert at de-escalating, troubleshooting and resolving technical customer issues
- Modern IP networks and common production deployment feature, e.g. load-balancers, firewalls and proxies
- Linux and Windows
Any experience in one of more of the following would be advantageous:
- Java Mission Control and JFR analysis
- iOS, Android
- Scripting languages such as Python
This is an opportunity to join a successful, stable company offering the chance to work on cutting edge projects with a global team. If you are looking for a new challenge please contact RyanOatley@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765286.