Network Engineer, Cisco, Juniper, CCNA
Portsmouth, Havant, Hampshire
We are seeking a talented Network Engineer to work with a global data hosting and cloud services company.
They have a large data centre in Havant where this role is located, working as part of a large and talented network operations centre providing high grade network support services to a range of customers.
The role of a Network Engineer will involve working throughout the full lifecycle in regard to supporting the networking operations for both internal users and external customers. You will:
- Monitor network health and responds to event alarms
- Analyse network traffic patterns and respond to security issues
- Work with Cisco, Juniper and Brocade switches/routers, NetScreen and Juniper firewalls, and Foundry/Brocade load balancers on a daily basis
- Work closely with the network engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve advanced network issues
- Provide support to colocation and network customers
- Monitors power and cooling systems for all data centres
- Co-ordinates maintenance with vendors and remote technicians
- Detect and Mitigate Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against our network and clients
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal and customer servers and applications outages using all monitoring tools
The ideal candidate for this position will be working within a networking role at the moment and if possible have an industry recognised qualification with either Cisco or Juniper such as a CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA or JNCIS.
You will have:
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, switching, cabling and internet protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, etc.
- Highly skilled within firewall and/or load balancing
- Advanced knowledge of either Cisco, Juniper or Brocade hardware and software
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and effortlessly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service skills
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer further career opportunities and some fantastic benefits.