Systems Engineer (Data Centre)
Southampton, Hampshire - £35k
AD, Windows Server, Configuration, MCSA, MCP
Systems Engineer / Analyst (Data Centre) required to join my client, a leading software house in Southampton. You will be required to work on all areas of the data centre hosted platform with responsibilities including:- monitoring, automation, patching and backup strategies. You will also support my clients Web and SQL solutions as well as providing infrastructure support for implementation projects.
You will work normal hours of 8.30am - 5pm plus provide cover for the out of hours support rota 1 week in 6. This will start on a Wednesday at 5pm and run through to 8.30am for a 7 night period - there will be a supplement of £250 for this cover.
You will have the following skills:-
- Strong troubleshooting skills and strategic planning
- MS Windows Server Configuration and Administration - 2008-2012
- Active Directory
- Strong TCP/IP Knowledge and exposure to VLANs / VRF Technology
- MS Certification in relevant discipline, e.g. MCSA, MCP
- Cisco Certification in a relevant discipline, e.g. CCNA
- Experience with ITIL, ISO27001
- MS PowerShell / Scripting / Automation Techniques
- MS System Centre
- MS Azure / AWS
- Cisco / Dell Network Devices (Firewalls / Switches)
- Web Application Firewalls
- Experience in large, complex system implementation projects
- Understanding of SQL Server, High Availability and Business Continuity
There should be a quick turnaround on this role so send your CV immediately.
Systems Engineer, Data Centre, Web, SQL, Active Directory, Windows Server, Configuration, MCSA, MCP, PowerShell, Hyper-V, SAN, SQL Server, ITIL, High Availability, Southampton, Hampshire, Portsmouth, Winchester