Spectrum IT are working with a large national UK retail brand to recruit a Contract Applications Support Specialist. In light of Lockdown plans set to allow retail to reopen on April 12th, this will be a fast paced and highly autonomous role suited to a previously experienced Application Support Specialist who is looking to get straight into a new role.
As the Contract Applications Support Specialist you will deliver retail solutions to all UK stores (3000+ iOS Devices), you will be an active problem solver who has a passion for new technology and has strong experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) such as Airwatch /Workspace One, Inune, Jamf or MobileIron.
A strong and independent work ethic and the ability to manage your own work effectively will be key to this role, you will utilise the inhouse database, software systems and Excel to identify and lists applications support needs and then proactively resolve these issues.
- Delivery of retail projects, system changes and technological solutions to meet the immediate needs of the business.
- Technical third level support on retail applications
- Owning task streams focusing across mobility (iOS devices and apps)
- Infrastructure and network support (running Cisco & Meraki)
- Supporting retail applications, both bespoke and off the shelf from third party vendors
- Extensive Mobile Device Management products (Preference for Airwatch/Workspace One but experience with Jamf, MobileIron or Intune acceptable)
- Solid experience in iOS, Apple products and App signing and certification.
- Windows Server 2012
- Good understanding for Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem analysis skills using recognised strategies.
- Win7 and Win10
- SQL Server (2008 onwards)
- MAC OSX and Windows experience.
- General Networking & Best Practice Wi-Fi Security
- Past exposure within a Retail focused organisation and having worked directly with in-store technologies (highly beneficial).
- Good awareness of enterprise security best practices (PCI:DSS, PII, SOX)
- Service Management principles and associated processes, including Problem and Incident Management as well as Change Control procedures.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to succinctly summarise and express the impact that a problem causes the organisation and users.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate to every level of the organisation.
Please note this is a 6 Month Contract via an Umbrella Engagement only, contractors must be available to start within 1 week and be happy to work via an umbrella company.
Please get in touch now to find out more and submit your interest.