IT Security Consultant is required to join a growing and highly progressive managed services provider. The role is a brand new position within the company within a newly created cyber security department.
The role of IT Security Consultant will be to help set up and establish my clients cybersecurity capability while enhancing IT security practices and reducing cyber risk across the company and their clients. Working closely with clients, you will be expected to establish trusted relationships and interpret IT security needs to ensure their cybersecurity posture is adequate and services are aligned. You will also be responsible for managing and improving our internal IT security systems and procedures.
- Accountable for all internal IT security systems and procedures, including ISO27001
- Accountable for successful delivery of IT security projects, products and services that address customer cyber risk and compliance requirements
- Work extensively with senior management to build on existing information security programs and ensure services are fully aligned to customer needs
- Manage the process of gathering, analysing and assessing current and future security threats, and provide realistic overview of risks and make all necessary recommendations
- Provide advice and guidance as the Cyan cybersecurity "expert" and ensure successful ongoing usage and adoption of Cyan security services
- Act as lead point of contact on IT security service matters specific to customer
- Help produce monthly security service reports and analysis for presentation back to the customer
- When required, provide security awareness training to internal engineer teams and clients
- When required, represent the company at presentations, tradeshows, exhibitions and networking events
- Proven experience in an information security role including experience of developing and implementing Information Security policies and plans
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of key security standard ISO/IEC 27001
- Good understanding of the Cyber Essentials Assurance Framework
- Good understanding of system technology security testing (vulnerability scanning and penetration testing)
- Breadth of subject matter expertise across the following technologies:
- Vulnerability Management
- Network Security (Firewalling, IPS)
- Endpoint security
- Web and Email security
- MFA, Identity and Access Management
If possible you will have an industry recognised qualification such as a CISSP.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that will be able to offer good career growth and further training to the right individual