Infrastructure / Data Centre Manager
£45,000 - £55,000
Infrastructure / Data Center Manager required to join my client, a software and solutions provider based in Southampton. My client depend on the quality, resilience and security of its platforms, solutions and services. How they operate internally is just as important as the care we place on our customer systems and using technology to keep improving the experience of colleagues and customers alike is foremost on how we will continue to improve.
You will manage a team of 8 split across internal IT Support and Infrastructure Services for external customers. The role would be a rough split of 60% Hands Off (Team Management) / 40% Hands on (Technically). They have a long pipeline or work coming up including 2 major internal network upgrades which will require your leadership.
- To have a broad understanding of Infrastructure, specifically covering:
- Networking technologies including, network design, VLAN, IPSEC, routing & switching, edge devices, network management and diagnostics, wireless technologies, network security and firewalls.
- Cisco, DELL
- Need the wider understanding of managing 3rd party connectivity
- Data Centre and hosting technologies, Storage systems, backup solutions.
- Database technologies, including Microsoft SQL, Clustering, High availability approaches, monitoring, performance, backup and recovery.
- an understanding of systems management tools and platforms, remote access solutions, operational reporting tools and log management systems.
- Exposure of public cloud for IAAS/PAS design and implementation
- An understanding of Corporate systems, including:
- email systems, preferably Office365,
- collaboration solutions such as Sharepoint and Confluence,
- telephony systems and their network implications.
Team Management Skills
- Experience of managing an IT technical delivery team
- Day to day management, development, training etc
- Understanding of ITIL processes and the provision of IT support services,
- Experience of vendor management, including service management, commercial awareness and contracting.
- To be proactive and pragmatic and extremely detail orientated.
- Manage Internal IT projects and enabling / supporting / motivating the internal IT function to develop themselves technically
- Managing the customer solutions whether they are hosted in house, hosted in their co-location or hosted in the cloud - currently moving into the cloud - use Azure for backups, a little bit of AWS but they are still predominantly a on prem, self-hosted provider
If you would like to apply for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07826620054