Spectrum IT's Portsmouth client are seeking to increase their IT Service Desk team and recruit additional Contract 1st Line Support Engineers to join them on an initial 6 month contract (inside IR35). To cover the core business hours this is a shift role where you will work 5 days each week covering approx. 1 weekend per month (rota dependant). This is a hybrid working role with a minimum of 3 days working on site per week in Portsmouth. (If office work is preferred or more suitable to a candidate this could be arranged with work stations/desks being bookable.)
As a member of the Contract 1st Line Support team you will be the primary contact for the UK offices running technology and systems for processing of transactions at Point of Sale, CRM and customer engagement systems. Candidates for this role will pride themselves on providing both exceptional 1st line support and great customer service while working in line with the service agreements and SLA's.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for our UK locations for IT based issues, maintaining an exceptional level of customer service via phone and email.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support for desktop software and hardware technologies.
- Proactive monitoring of retail systems and servers.
- Daily systems monitoring and administrative operational processes.
- Escalating support tickets through Service NOW to our 2nd Line team and working directly with third party suppliers.
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software for in-store installations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high touch telephone manner.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, such as: Basic admin, review and update of knowledge base documentation and other items as defined by IT support lead.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in an IT support role at 1st line level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Servers and Office packages - Office 365
- Windows 7 - 10
- Strong understanding for Active Directory and user setups etc
- Possess network infrastructure knowledge (specifically around WiFi networks)
- Experience of managing iOS devices in an enterprise (beneficial)
- Experience of SQL databases (or similar enterprise databases).
- Ability to schedule own workload prioritising to meet the business needs
- Capable of working on own initiative, with a proactive and organised approach
- Adapt to a varying role and be flexible in working style
- Good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
Please apply with your updated CV to state your interest in this role.