It has been a productive year for us at Spectrum IT Recruitment. For the 9th consecutive year, we have outperformed our previous years and grown our market share.
We have experienced an increase in demand for new employees coupled with a shortage of skills available on the market. Hiring managers are becoming flexible in their requirements and providing multiple job options for job seekers. With companies increasing salaries in high demand technologies as well as offering flexible working and remote work across permanent and contract job opportunities. We have also seen companies becoming more engaged in their employees' needs in order to increase staff retention. The Brexit announcement earlier in the year has not affected the IT job market as a whole and we don't anticipate this changing much into 2018.
Our best highlights this year include:
- Launching our brand new website. Our previous site was 4 years old and we felt that it needed refreshing to make it responsive, mobile friendly and easy to navigate.
- Partnering with three new user groups - DevOps, Docker Southampton and FullStack Hampshire.
- Taking part in the London to Brighton Cycle Ride on Sunday 17th September 2017 and raising £2,956.91 for the Piam Brown Ward of Southampton Children's Hospital. Check out our JustGiving donations page.
- Supporting the IT Society at Portsmouth University with committee t-shirts, report files and other merchandise to aid running their regular student meetups.
- New recruits - We welcomed 3 new team members to the Contracts and Permanent teams in the summer.
- Three of our longstanding employees got married and two babies were born.
We will continue to invest in new resources to aid our candidate search as technology develops. Our team is excited to see what 2018 will bring and the different roles that we will be recruiting for. We have a Senior Consultant starting in January, who will specialise in recruiting within DevOps, as demand for professionals with this skill increases.
Thank you to the clients and candidates who have worked with us this year. It has been a privilege and we look forward to working with you throughout 2018.
We wish you a prosperous new year from everyone at Spectrum IT Recruitment.